Solar PV and Battery ROI - one year of data

@resjudicata Nope. Most of the time I use the grid to charge my battery when my rate is cheaper between 00:30 and 04:30, then it discharges for the rest of the day. If we're lucky have a few days of solid sunny weather I can get away with not charging overnight and just using solar to charge.

@ghaynes Very interesting thanks for sharing.

Would be worth sharing what rough part of the country you’re in as well. I imagine they affects how much solar energy you’re able to get quite a lot.

@ghaynes Hi, thanks for the info, really interesting. Your largest batt to home value was 289kwh. This is larger than my single largest month of use in the past 12 months (264kwh). On a monthly view this suggests a similar battery could provide all my energy needs (using the night, reduced rate) , have I interepeted this correctly? I've been considering getting a battery only install in our current property. I appreciate daily usage will be capped at the battery's limit.

@eldalar If it is just the 8.2 kWh battery (no solar) then you'd be looking at around 240kWh of capacity over a 30 day month. The battery doesn't ever drain completely, it stops discharging at 4% to protect it from degrading.

You'd also be using the grid whilst you charge overnight but yes the battery could cover your on peak usage even through your highest consumption month.