@debbie112 Are there any solar panel consultants? Like they come over to your house to research and tell you if solar panels are viable? Our neighbor kasi has a bigass house with 6 floors and I feel like half our house is in the shade

@franklynkreul The full service installers would be able to tell you how viable your roof is.

Also for additional info, shade is a big problem for solar panels. If say you have a string of solar panels (5 panels combined to one line) and one of the solar panels get covered by shade (20% shaded) that whole string goes down by 20% not just the one panel. This can however be overcome with per panel optimizers.

So be very conscious of where you place them. If I were you, Id go up to my roof every hour for a day to see the possible problem points and possible installation points.

@debbie112 @debbie112 Maybe this is a big ask... but I was wondering if you could vet this NREL Solar Calculator to see if its figures match up with your experience. It's a US government site where you can plug in your location, roof pitch (and direction), wattage of the proposed system, and it will generate the estimated power output of the system. I generated a report for my location and I'm still iffy (good sun in my location, but roof doesn't tilt southward, and small area, so our capacity would probably be 3kwp at most).

End of life (imo) is really just the point where it reaches an efficiency that makes it no longer financially beneficial or have a much better alternative. But they’ll still produce significant power.

You can still use them in other applications like basic solar lighting or in a remote area where power is a concern. Personally I have a community that I already plan to give them too when I replace my panels.

You are correct though, some people just throw them away in which they become just waste.

@strawberry0034 A pessimistic 5 years and an optimistic 10 years for the china made equipment. Which is basically everything.

I don't have batteries. But cycles for the best batteries typically can go 3000 cycles. Think of one cycle as a day. So about 8 years on batteries.

@debbie112 Sa amin china made solar panel pati inverter, nasa 6 yrs na sa amin, ok naman, so far wala naman problema, kelangan lang linisin yung panel dahil minsan sa mga ipot ng ibon. Mahal ang invesment sa battery, tska yung space pa nakakainin nun, mas advisable yung net metering talaga.