Suggestions for reducing elec bill please.

@mattiloo As long as you're cleaning your salt cell regularly you should be fine but as a rule of thumb a salt cell will need replacement every 5-6 years if maintained correctly and at the correct salt levels

@mattiloo Green Catch. I now average less than 10kw/day (month to 4 Sep). Has transformed my energy usage. 10kW solar panels, meaning free pool pump and free hot water. Family of 4. Why solar providers don’t include these as part of installation is a mystery to me.

@mattiloo What's your daily supply charge and usage rate per kWh?

Lumo wanted to change our prices up by 65% so I just changed retailer - no change to our usage behaviour

@mark0086 Have just gone through compariwon to change retailere but onlybsaved $30 over the year, plus therevwas a $15 sign up fee. Will look up.usage costs and edit

@mattiloo Do you have an electric storage hot water system?

Is it able to heat only at off peak times? unless you have flat rate or time of use.

If I check https://wattever.com.au/ it shows AGL offering 15 cents on solar feed, but I'm not sure how their billing works, worth a look into though.

@mattiloo Have a look at heat pump hot water tanks, they are much more efficient, there are rebates to replacing electric hot water storage in various states. It will make a difference especially if you wash with hot/warm water and its connected to the washing machine of course.

Back