Just moved into my first flat and feel like my landlords have set the gas rate extremely high

@thietkenhaxinh Looks to me like they signed their gas contract at all time high rates at the peak of the energy crisis. Also they're 100% on a business tariff. You should be able to take over the contract and sign a new one (rates for gas right now are pretty good, looking at like, 20p-ish per kilowatt for business meters) if not I'd ask your landlord how long they locked in for (you can lock in new rates 6/9 months in advance for business energy contracts) so they can renegotiate ahead of their renewal.

@thietkenhaxinh Do you know the difference between gas and elec?

Because 65.58p/kWh and 27.2p/kwh are more likely an elec rate.

Do you have your own domestic meter? If so, then you should be on the price cap, as this should be classed as a change of ownership.

If it's one connection for the whole building then it could be they're on a fixed business rate. I'm surprised it would be that high even on a 12m contract from apr23-mar24, but I wouldn't be surprised it's above the cap.

If it is a non/domestic meter then they will likely renew in April and have cheaper rates

@thietkenhaxinh it is not lawful under the Electricity Act 1989 to impose a higher unit rate than you have paid for those units from the supplier… Unless you’re a utility company obviously…

“(4)If any person resells electricity supplied by an authorised supplier at a price exceeding the maximum price determined by or under a direction under this section and applicable to the resale—
(a)the amount of the excess; and
(b)if the direction so provides, interest on that amount at a rate specified or described in the direction,
shall be recoverable by the person to whom the electricity was resold.]”