@showtime2507 Most residential solar installations are grid-tied. Meaning no batteries. You get enough panels to offset only your daytime use. You still have to pay Meralco for your night time usage. Downside to grid-tie is if brownout si Meralco, wala ka ring power kahit malakas ang sikat ng araw.

@showtime2507 You use the energy generated from the panels directly in the day time. Only the excess is exported into the grid. If without net metering yet, there’s a limiter to prevent export. The inverter only generates as much energy as needed.

@debbie112 Hello, curious lang paano umabot ng 39k yung installation. Anu-ano ang kasama doon? Did it take more than a day to install the panels? Majority ba ng labor ay yung pag-connect sa bahay? Thank you.

@debbie112 Do you have a battery bank installed? Is this just solar panels?

IMO installing solar panels is like purchasing all of your electricity needs in one drop. Instead of just paying by kilowatt base of use. Having no battery bank is also kind of useless when you can't use that surplus energy at night. So you are still fully reliant on the power grid for your electricity use at night. Instead of being fully energy independent, to use only the power grid as a backup power source. Or a means of income to sell surplus electricity.

@dianne46 No battery bank.

It really depends on what your goal for the system is.
My goal is power augmentation and cost reduction.
My goal isn’t to be self reliant / independent.

@dianne46 Not useless. You buy just enough panels to offset your daytime use. More fit for people who have high day time energy requirements e.g. those who use aircons in the morning til afternoon or those with people in the house 24/7 like maids/kids or those under a WFH set up.

@debbie112 How often do you clean the panels? I read that dust reduces efficiency.

Are you planning to buy batteries for the rainy season?

How many solar panels did you install? and dimension of each panel?

@debbie112 Thanks for the info.; will you please share the brand in PH for the panel? Is it china made?

What about the batteries and converter brand? Basahin ko muna lahat ng thread and if the answer is in there, will research more on it.

Gracias. 😊

@debbie112 Hi OP,
Nice detailed post. I was wondering what happens when solar panels reach end of life? Are they recyclable?

I read somewhere that they aren't and could even add up to our environmental waste in the long term. Also, manufacturing these panels are not environmental friendly either.

@debbie112 OP kamusta po ang solar panels kapag typhoon na malakas hangin at na baha. Hindi po ba nililipad ang mga panels?

Meron po ba insurance kapag na damage ng natural disasters gaya ng bagyo?

Balak ko kasi sana magpakabit kaso baka liparin lang din ng hangin kapag natangay ang bubong.