[california] PHASE 2 people - lets chill out on the posting of questions about payment (just for today) - just a suggestion

joseppi

I know I know we all want to know when we will see the payment or at the very least a change in our claim history, but as of right now the only info about phase 2 is that on the 15th self certification for Covid would begin. Tomorrow there should be an EDD press release , in which typically they add more detailed information about the when, the how, and how much.

I’m just asking that people only start a new post about phase 2 payments if they have actually seen NEW information somewhere or have actually seen their claim history or payment activity change. There has literally been the same question (slightly different wording) asked every hr or so for the past 24 hrs.

Believe me I’m not knocking ANYONE... I am checking the portal every hour and on here WAY TOO MUCH because I want to know just as bad.

Just a suggestion

FYI TO ALL THE PEOPLE MAKING ANGRY COMMENTS ABOUT THIS POST SAYING LET PEOPLE POST WHATEVER- MODS ARE GOING THROUGH AND REMOVING ALL OF THE REPEATED CALIFORNIA QUESTIONS DUE TO OTHER STATES COMPLAINING AND ALSO REMOVING NEW INFORMATION THATS NOT A REPEAT, ALL BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE YOU SAY WE SHOULD JUST LET DO WHATEVER
MOD POST

UPDATES:

9/17/20 : saw this post this morningphase 2 payment received , hoping this a good sign. So far I have only seen this one person here on reddit that’s phase 2 , and one on a Facebook group but he didn’t give any screenshots just said he self certified Covid on the 15th .

Press release 9/17/20: LWA UPDATE - Provides zero info for phase two payments

HELPFUL LINKS :

If you have not received the self cert option for Covid :

self attest instructions post

@joseppi I suspect literally over a million people here in California are very nervously checking their EDD account and claim history every 5 minutes, and this is one of the only places where anyone can get any recent information. Sad, but true. I can't tell you how many collective hours I've personally spent on hold or spent checking my claim, payment, etc....when you have nothing, you can't really do anything except....this. I'd encourage using the search feature; there's not a single question that I have had that I haven't been able to find an answer to on this thread without posting a single question, which is great. Thanks to all who have helped one another and shared, as well as thanks to those reminding us that we are all in this together, as unfortunate as these circumstances are.

@joseppi for michigan - on facebook - there is a group “michigan unemployment public help page during covid-19”

all my questions were answered instantly. i’m sure there are ones for other states. check it out!!

@joseppi It’s really not even just with the LWA payments, it’s literally everything. There’s always like 20 posts asking the same 4 things and it’s honestly not that hard to use the search bar.
It also doesn’t help that the mods got rid of the question thread , so now the sub is just flooded with repetitive stuff.

@bornmc Who cares, who,made you the moderator of everyone else’s life concerns, worries, distrusts. If it makes people feel better to post the same question or check their EDD account every 5 minutes........LET THEM! If It bothers you that much find the answer out for theses people and I guarantee you the same question will stop. It’s hard enough for people on here who are unemployed , maybe not as astute in navigating Edd site or internet, but like me they thought this new reddit thing was a sounding board for them , as well as a discussion of Q and A’s regarding unemployed benefits. Leave the internet shaming to the respective States EDD/ Unemployment offices be the mean spirited people in the room.

Regards and Success Always,

A guy looking for his money$$$

@joseppi I agree because it confuses Everybody and not everybody has the same outcome when it comes to their personal edd account ! I check on here too and it does get pretty repetitive

@joseppi It aint even really the phase 2 ppl..... more or so phase 1 saying they got paid. Yesterday there were like 20 posts under an hour about lwa (phase 2 i know) and also that phase 1 has seen changes and/or recieved updates to UI or got the money

@sanyu I Agree with you but it’s also phase two asking the same question about payment - when there is ZERO information to give . Yes it’s annoying , but at least the phase one people are reporting information, whereas this repeat question nobody can answer at the moment

Not disagreeing with you though

@joseppi All I’m saying is those who filed earlier like in March and did not have the option of using covid should not have had to wait behind the phase 1 people who had the covid option and filed after