[NEW YORK] Some information about NYDOL and the Proof of Employment letters

@jamaix That WAS a qualifier. Having the job search affected was one of the qualifiers every time you claimed on the website and over the phone. So was having a family member become ill or die. It seems like they have restricted the qualifications for PUA retroactively

@resjudicata The job search being affected isn't and never was a qualifier. I promise, I have essentially memorized the UI section of the CARES Act and all of the UIPLs.

Having to quarantine because a household member tested positive or is sick with COVID was a qualifying factor.

Being instructed by a competent medical professional to have your household self-isolate because a member is high-risk was a qualifying factor.

Becoming the Head of a Household because someone died or was ill with COVID was a qualifying factor as well.

Nothing about job searches was ever included. You either needed to be employed then unemployed due to COVID or about to be employer or self-employed and then be unable to commence.

The full list is here https://wdr.doleta.gov/directives/attach/UIPL/UIPL\_16-20\_Change-6\_Attachment-1.pdf

@jamaix That was a helpful link ty. I thought it was. I can hear the robot on phone claims saying that lol
Still there are things not covered in the email sent out to people, and seemingly extra asks in providing proof

@resjudicata My best advice to you is to read the CARES Act section on PUA. There is an obscure mention of "seeking part-time employment" that was essentially mentioned, but then never clarified by the USDOL in any UIPL. Personally, since you honestly believed you qualified and don't seem to have lied, I would argue that I relied on that provision from the CARES Act. If you came before me and I was you judge, I would accept that and either approve you or recommend a waiver. It's not a slam dunk, but I think it is a good argument if you go into this informed. Good Luck - keep me posted.