[california] PHASE 2 people - lets chill out on the posting of questions about payment (just for today) - just a suggestion

@joseppi My phase 2 update (this might be 1 day old news): I logged into my EDD page today, and there was a very clear prompt asking me to self certify. You can't miss it. I didn't get any email notification, I just randomly checked. I was asked whether my unemployment was due to Covid (yes or no), checked a self-certify box, entered my zip code, and submitted. History:

- First applied 3/18 for week-ending 3/21. Furloughed due to Covid. Don't remember seeing Covid as a reason at that time

- $0 LWA received so far. Regular UI benefit is $450 so I am eligible.

@bjoyful256 I also got that self certification message from EDD in my message box today. BUT, earlier today I received an EDD text message telling me to certify; then I logged into EDD and there was the prompt to self certify.

I've been getting many spoof texts lately like: "We have a UPS package for you from March 12, Click here to retrieve". I did not click the suspicious EDD text; just logged in to EDD instead.

@joseppi Hello yaal. I was phase one, and I got the extra 300 (x2) payments. On my last certification. I also got my regular benefits. Then today on Thursday 3:28 am I got the another 300. On today Thursday for 17th, my boyfriend got the self certification thing in his portal for the extra 300. It is important to note that this wasn’t listed there on the 15th previously. He just got that certification today. So I’ll update this post when he actually gets his payment.

@dawid2011 Happy for both of you! Fingers crossed that your boyfriend and the rest of us phase 2 people get ours soon. Hoping the press release today will give us some piece of mind

@joseppi I’m assuming that he’s part of phase 2 given the fact that he had to do that extra certification that just popped up in his account today, however I wasn’t and I got three payments of 300 which I think is complete or do they still have to give me one more? Also I just had him certified today so we’re thinking 24 hours to 48 hours, however I heard for some people to sporadically comes within the week so check your account to make sure that you guys have done the certification. Is there any phase 2 people out there who have done the certification it have any input as to how long it takes to actually get the money? Or have people even gotten the certification option in the EDD portal yet? Thanks y’all just thought that this could clear some confusion or maybe I just gave you guys a bunch of information already had and spewed nonsense ha ha

@dawid2011 Most people received the cert on the 15th . We have ZERO info on when phase 2 payments will start. Hopefully the press release will shed some light on that today .

As far as you getting more payments after the 900 this is what their last press release said :

“After these Phase One and Phase Two payments of the $300/week are made, EDD will distribute the two additional weeks of LWA payments recently approved by the federal government.
More information will be coming about when to expect these additional two weeks of LWA benefits. California is currently applying for a 6th week of LWA payments for claimants contingent upon the availability of federal funds. If this is approved, more information will also be provided about when to expect such payments.”

@joseppi So we’re hopeful for maybe 2 more? Or am I reading that wrong. Hopefully they’re processed quickly and efficiently . I wonder why his certification didn’t come on the 15th like everyone else’s. Gah hopefully that won’t slow it down.

@rose_water I don’t know what time it gets released . I can’t guarantee there will be one I just know for the past 4 months (at least) they release it every 7 days , don’t see why today would be different

@joseppi Hey all. Im a phase 2. Certified on the 16th. Got my regular two week payment today. Went back looking at my claim history on the edd site. I noticed an added 300 to the week of 8/1 & 8/8. But i havnt got it yet. Clicked on transactions next to those weeks, theres a 300 adjustment thats dated today. Hasnt been loaded on my card yet. But im thankful its in the process! Just in time for rent! Hope yall see this today too!!!

@joygurl Like a dumbass I certified too late, early yesterday morning around 6 am. And an hour ago I realized I had only gotten $250 deposited into my BofA acc, not a $300 in site. Will I still receive the LWA payments? Is there a way to confirm that I really did do LWA? Thanks.

@joseppi I'm just pissed that I wasn't phase 1. I filed in March with the question asking if I was laid off DUE TO COVID. It was there. I checked my original filing... IT.WAS.THERE. I have no idea wtf this is all about tbh.