I have 3 lacs in liquid. What are the best investment options to make it reach 4 lacs in 1.5 or 2 years?

geriungurean

My risk appetite is ZERO.

I am 25, and I earn 40K a month, have my own house with no other debts.

Anything else I can invest in apart from FD?

Thanks.

@geriungurean Take this in reverse. The most secure instrument is FD, which, from a good bank, has the least risk level. Currently they’re giving between 7-8%. At 7%, that comes to around 3.43 lakhs in 2 years. Note that interest is taxable based on your tax slab.

@geriungurean In 2 year? No risk? Hate to tell you, you won't be able to make it with your conditions.

Safest option : I think a Suryoday Small Finance Bank is offering 9.1% FD, if you lock in for 5 years. So by the end of five years, you should have close to 5.5L. If you can do that under a senior citizens family member, interest is 9.60%

Plus the deposit would be insured by GIDC upto 5 L.

@geriungurean Can go for long duration mutual funds as there is a good possible of interest rates cut. Hire an advisor or study thoroughly before acting. There are risk too. pls see. tho 4L not poss here as its a debt instrument

@geriungurean When people talk about risk in mutual funds, it's not risk like they will run away with your money and scam you.

It's risk that it may go up and down, we can't predict it