@elizabetha89 I got the same green line issue with OnePlus 8. * pat *

Anyway if you plan to use the phone for another 2 years, I suggest replacing the battery as well since its capacity will degrade eventually. (cost about 50% of new phone)

Otherwise, get a new phone and enjoy it for another few years. 👍🏻

@elizabetha89 rm600 screen repair for a rm1600 is very expensive. If you think it will lag soon, then no point repairing although you can go for A grade quality screen. Dont really need original, just avoid super cheap screen mostly crap.

on the other hand, buy new phone can claim tax relief

@elizabetha89 Umm...depends on your financial situation OP. Simple.

It's hard for random Reddit strangers to tell you what you should do without knowing your personal circumstances.

@elizabetha89 Since this is MalaysianPF, the most important thing is whether budget allows for a new device and if there's something you want to upgrade to. If none and you're happy with the device you have then personally I'll opt to fix it.

There's usually a warranty period about 3 months after fixing, so it gives you sometime to do more research before making the next purchase

@elizabetha89 For 600, you might repair your phone with a risk of lags and recurring problems along the way.

Might as well as another 2-300 and get a new phone, till you save up for the next upgrade. If you're a careful user, the temp phone might even outlast your previous 1.6k phone.

@elizabetha89 Honor 90 512/12gb is about 1500 MYSET after all the voucher discount. Sell the phone RM300 and top up RM1200?

Your phone is 2 years old, things to consider

1. battery might also be less efficient - change batt, about 150 bucks within the next 1 year?

2. once they open the phone, might never be the same due to sealant. Screen might be less responsive from time to time even original. Unless you try to send to xiaomi center? that might run you 700 to 900.

@elizabetha89 Why should it start to lag? I've been using my Rm299 phone (Meizu C9) for years, and I still use it. Dropped it so many times the back cover is missing at the corners :) Still doesn't lag, only changed because banks don't support Android 8 any more.

Weird that a phone costing Rm1600 can be that fragile.