Should I sell my house ? Any thoughts ?

@domascnn Passive income is from FD, REITs, UT etc. being a landlord is a job, you have to look for tenants, fix issues, settle problems. I was a landlord with 3 properties, ppl who say it's passive income, have never been one

@mattmanticus Universally rental property is part of passive income. It is still passive income even if you don't think so.

Unit trust is not guaranteed positive income, because the price can drop and you can lose capital,

Same as REITs.

@domascnn It's only passive if u fully own it (fully paid) . In OPs case he basicly got a overleverage loan (cashback) so he now owea the bank 1.5mil after intrest for his 1mil loan. If any thing his networth is - 1.5mil on this unit alone. He mentioned he did this before so I would guess his networth is negative 3 mil.

@bigfranck22 Sell it unless you’re planning to live in the property yourself. Right now im also bounded to a property and i wanna get rid as soon as i can regardless if my profit is low. I dont consider property as a good investment, its a wrong perception that property makes money because im not a rich investor. Im just a normal servant.
Plus u can never tell what happen, dont be too comfortable thinking abt the money

@bigfranck22 I would sell it and take the money. On top of what other people have mentioned about the sustainability of rental and additional hassle of maintenance , you could take the 300k and put in FD (if you're risk averse) or invest it.

Assuming you really get 18k per annum rental , to breakeven you only need 6% return on the 300k which isn't that tough a rate of return to get from stable investments like dividend yielding stocks.

@bigfranck22 I would create a dummy account and list the unit for 1.4m to test market. If got serious buyer, why not. I expect 1 year from now some owners who just VP cannot keep up with installments, and I would buy their unit then