[META] Shoutout to the r/AusFinance Mods!

bugs1962

Have noticed you guys are frequently locking the flood of threads that break the subreddit rules or posts that could be answered by reading the wiki or doing a search, thanks for making a renewed effort. Appreciate you people!

@axedroid No one is going to check the wiki, no offense but I have never see someone check the wiki before posting. The information they are looking for is super easy to google but they aren't even doing that.

@arianex have you tried asking around if there is a need for it? theres a handful of people that have asked for it. itll great reduce the need to answer the same questions over and over again

@axedroid Spreadsheet community lead here.

Building the spreadsheet is time-consuming and has done by multiple members across communities as a shared concerted effort and a consolidated independent resource.

We've also in the past, and to a limited extent now always mentioned this community on the welcome tab in the spreadsheet and given the renewed effort by the members of staff here.

I can't see why we wouldn't continue to promote and work with members of this community. several editors including myself, a heavy participants here.

@nikitalatoya oooh thanks for replying! I'm happy to help if you want me to send a DM. I haven't built a spreadsheet but am good at optimising it. Can send over a few independent ones if that's what you're after

@bugs1962 Every thread is just going to be answered with invest in vanguard, super and create an emergency fund.

If there is any actual specific question with an ounce of complexity people just say talk to a professional rather than reddit. So what's the point of the sub then?

@alessandra huh? the top few posts has like 60-140 comments and there are lots of discussion going on there. Just because you can't imagine people having different possible questions doesn't mean its actually the case

@bugs1962 Wow and here I was considering posting the exact OPPOSITE of this.

Why would we care about a subreddit that's just about credit cards and budgeting?

The draw of AusFinance for has always been talking about the wider Australian economy.

@ukpatco This sub will be pretty dead soon. I'm okay with that because there's only so much unique stuff that can be discussed and most of it has been flogged to deatch multiple times already.

@gracefullybroken I mean with 500k subscribers it won't be dead, but it will just be full of the same banal questions without any of the interesting discussions.

I just have fond memories of AusFinance back when it was