hockeymom25

We always say that health is wealth so it is critical that also invest on our overall health. Can you guys share on how do u maximize the usage of your HMO aside from the usual check up pag may sakit kayo? For me, nung lumuwag n pandemic nag parequest ako sa dr to check my vitamin d, zinc level and kung ano ano pa etc and it was around 12k, also currently visiting a PT for my back. Naka 5 sessions n ako and covered naman. Planning sana to go to the dr to check/ test for food allergies/ intolerance at testosterone. Kayo anoga life hack nyo with your HMO?

@hockeymom25 Schedule a consultation with a primary care doctor (GP/IM), and let them know that you'd like to have a routine checkup. You can do this once a year (or twice a year depending on your results).

Typically, the doctor would ask you to do complete blood count (CBC), lipid profile to check your cholesterol levels, liver and kidney function, blood sugar levels, chest x-ray and urinalysis. This helps in screening and prevention for diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, stroke, etc. If you're 35 and older, your doctor may recommend additional tests such as ECG, pap smear (for women), prostate blood test (PSA), and etc.

You don't need to wait to feel sick before you go to a doctor. Based on your lab results, your primary care doctor may prescribe meds and/or ask you to repeat tests and return for a follow-up after 3mos/6mos or a year.

It's best to be proactive with your health, rather than being forced to use your HMO when you need to go to the emergency room and be admitted.

@hockeymom25 Well, it's simple.

Kung may nararamdaman, pacheck up.

You probably have APEs, kung merong mga kailangang pa check up doon then do so. Paconsult ka sa company doctor to have laboratory requests.

Use the dental benefit kung kasama ito.

Do all that but coordinate with your HMO kung sino ang mga accredited na doctors at hospitals and just avail of the services ng mga accredited ones, para wala ka nang gastusin pa.

@hockeymom25 Aside from scheduled weekly check-ups, it's the medical tests that's where HMO does help. Don't get me wrong, MRI, physical therapy, X-ray, etc., ain't cheap but having it covered by the HMO is something. Then again, you also don't want to do these tests unnecessarily just because you have a curious feeling. Yes, it's your body, but it also means you don't trust your doctor(s).

How much do I usually spend if I don't have an HMO? 5k/month or 60k/year on check-ups with an additional 40k/year on tests. All while paying only 25k/year on premiums.

---

Why weekly? I am consulting four doctors face-to-face or online after my work fatigue incident. That has done irreparable damage to my body.

@hockeymom25 my mother has her usual checks since she's old na. labs every 6 months, 2d echo, once a year whole abdomen ultrasound, etc. the doctor gave me the same tests, sabay na kami.

@hockeymom25 Physical Therapy. I have seen a lot of small clinics offer free PT session for HMO. This will also be a good opportunity for you to consult the doctor and inform them about body pains, past physical trauma etc.

@hockeymom25 Depende sa doctor. Meron ako isang doctor na madali kausap, like sasabihin ko saknya kung pwede manghingi request for whole abdomen utz or transv just to check if there's something's wrong. With the diagnosis na ilalagay nya may kasama na din blood test yung request. Every 6 months ko ata yun nirerequest.

@hockeymom25 may not apply to all kasi hindi default na covered ang mental health but was surprised to discover that our company (multinational bank) had it offered, so I reached out to the HMO contact and they referred me to the org/institution they are partnered with to avail 5 free consultation sessions. took me just a week to get an appointment so steal talaga lalo ang tagal ng waiting time sa ibang free mental health programs like pgh opd (3 months waiting time ko dun)