My mental model on Growing Wealth

@moses123456
Last May 2021, the entire crypto market crashed 42% in 14 days, wiping out $1 trillion in value. Many crypto coins and tokens fell up to 70%. But, there was no fallout!

Wow, oo nga no. Never though of it that way, good read. :)

You must have been an OG Bitcoin owner? That's so cool, if only I had access to those kinds of information back then...

@pejman Yep, been involved in the crypto space for long time. I enjoyed how multidisciplinary the industry was, and how the innovations coming out were interesting. So I've followed it ever since.

@moses123456 Haha OP, yes! I’ve just pulled out my other investments to DCA them into crypto. Kala ko baliw lang ako.

Do you just hodl? Do you have exit strategies during each bullruns? Do you bet in alts, which ones?

@aly1031 Exit strategies is a very difficult thing to answer. Let give an example:

If you sold 4 assets and they dip to 80%, then that is a win. But if you sold 1 more asset, and that rallied by 10x (let's say in Solana), your profit taking strategy lost you money overall. It's 4 wins and 1 loss, but the net effect is a loss. It's easy to think that profit taking is generally profitable.

But then on the other hand, if you are the HODL/diamond hands type, hodling BTC when it was $100 is life changing. Hodling XPR when it was $2 is just dumb. Important to think critically is the “why.” If you see a pattern in the historical data, question why did that pattern hold true for a while and what would cause it to break? What underlying fundamentals create that pattern and how can you identify when they change? People are able to identify these, but it takes a lot of effort.

As for alt bets, I'm looking at solutions addressing the multichain world as well as privacy. Zero knowledge L2 solutions such as zkSync to bridge solutions across blockchains using MPC, like Ren.

@moses123456 this is what im doing,.

I dont invest my eggs in a many baskets. i invest my eggs in my girlfriend. oh sorry,I mean invest my eggs in a few baskets.

kung gusto mo malaki ang returns dapat malaki din ung risk na itatake mo. it depends naman talga on your personal appetite.

for meI have few eggs that i have.Paper assets ( CRYPTO, 1 Company Individual Stocks and an Index Fund for my retirement and REITS for my kids education even though i dont have yet. XD)

Emergency fund in Money market fund and Digital bank.

and Small business. (Liquor) since manginginom mga kapitbahay namin.LETS GO SHOT NA!! hahahaha

Edit:

gaya nga sabi ni OP.

Ung mga nag didiversified mostly un ung mga tao gusto nila protektahan ung mga assets nila. mostly rich do this, like sila Warren buffet. pero san ba sya nag start sympre nag take risk sya kaya sya nakarting don.

kaya nga sabi nya kung gusto mo malaking returns ASAP, you have to take risk to put eggs in a few basket. rather putting your eggs in many basket which will have lower and longer gains in the long run.