Balik Pinas or relocate to first world with average income

@cindylmarvin Hi may I ask what country are you living in? Does it have a path to citizenship? What are your long term plans?
  • maybe you want a stronger passport for better travel options?
  • maybe you pay a higher tax rate but you are assured that you get back what you're paying for through government safety nets. You might lose your job tomorrow but you know that the government can provide you with some form of social welfare benefits like free education, allowances etc.
  • maybe your kids' public school education is comparable to top PH schools with 6-digit tuition fees?
  • yes let's say you can buy yourself a house in one of the affluent Subdivisions out there. But the thing is--you still need to go outside of those gates, and experience the same fear. The negatives you've mentioned require social upheaval, and 500k monthly might not be enough to cover you for that. Isang kamote rider ang kailangang bumunggo sa SUV mo and your life might drastically change.
I hope it doesn't sound like I don't have faith in our country any longer.

@angi12 Yes there is a path to citizenship either here or to the other first world countries I would prefer. And yes totally agree with you with stronger passport, tax benefits and kids education. Mga bagay na mas madali mappreciate kapag naexperience or aware ka first hand outside PH. Same feeling sa Pinas, nagbabakasakali lang baka may nmmiss out akong positive point ng PH. Salamat po!

@cindylmarvin Imo, kng magsstay ka sa PH, sa province ka tumira. Yung ideal so far sa mga napuntahan ko would be Palawan. What I suggest na gawin mo would be to stay in PH and be the ideal neighbor pra maging role model sa next generation. This is really important if yung kids mo would prefer staying here in the future. It would be best to cultivate yung magandang mindset and community pra maganda maging experience nila in the future. Ganun so far ginagawa namin dito sa neighborhood namin. However, if you want your kids to live abroad for good, then it would be best to let go of everything na lang na meron sa PH except for dun sa mga lote nyo pra may tutuluyan pag mag bakasyon. I have the same sentiments sa current state ng PH. I just don't want to leave ung mga parents namin ng partner ko.