PovertyFinanceNZ is (unfortunately) trending

@jd98 Because the algorithms have pushed it, I'd never heard of it before but it popped up on my feed. Never hurts to learn new tricks or share your little ways to help save some moola

@jd98 It was mentioned on r/newzealand this week on a post about a user who is doing blogs on cheap groceries products and if they’re worth skimping on. This one was Pam’s teabags as a loss leader. It was suggested they continue the posts on poverty finance

@jd98 Our family earn good money, but are living right on the edge. Everything seems to have doubled in price in a very short time span. The big players have finally figured out that they can squeeze as hard as they want and people still need to live, so have to buy their products. It really fucking sucks right now.

@jd98 The number of people struggling out there is quite intense. There's people with mortgages and jobs now regularly accessing food banks. So many people are in a position where they really need to find ways to save money/navigate the system. I just don't think this subreddit would have had as much interest in 2019