Got my first ever bonus! What do I do with it?

dippenj

29F & I’ve never gotten a bonus before because I haven’t been able to hold down jobs previously due to mental health struggles, & then I was with non-profits & startups that didn’t give out bonuses.

I’m wondering if I should throw it all into my emergency fund (which right now doesn’t hit the 3 months salary savings that I want it to be at)? I put mine in ASB but I’m not sure if I should put it somewhere else to grow it?

For context, I earn RM5.2k & I received 2.5 months bonus.

@dippenj Just do it. Spontaneously. November is too far lol. Go alone, explore (stay safe tho), leave your worries at the airport.

Edit: don’t smoke too much.

@dippenj Make sure you check the weather! Could be rainy in thailand in Nov. Krabi is underrated for a chill, safe holiday. If you wanna party then can go to phuket/phi phi

@crytox I read that Sept/Oct was the brunt of it so I was thinking end Oct/start Nov (since got Deepavali holiday haha), & flights looked cheaper! I was thinking of checking out to dispensaries tbh before it gets banned lol. I’ll do some research on Krabi- is it affordable?

@dippenj Krabi is cheaper than phuket in terms of food, stuff like massages, etc. It does have less to do, but if you’re there for about 5 days, you can definitely fill your days. Dispensaries are nice to go and look around, but if you care more about price than quality, online is way way wayyyyy cheaper. Like x10 cheaper for the same thing in store. Can get them to send to hotel.

@dippenj Hatyai 5d2n (the missing nights are on the) bus trip is like rm400 w 2n hotel and 1 day sight seeing. Went in a group last year. Sendiri travel the rest, was really good for value imo.

@dippenj Cheras iirc.

Im at Klang valley, someone drove me there, i blur blur go only.

Not technically halal as the 'free' included last day dinner was crappy and included pork, but it definitely was worth it.

Mid 2023 price.