Quitting My Amazing Job (Am I insane?)

@lyonap if its mental wellbeing thing… abit hard to judge, u know how much stress u can and cannot handle

from financial perspective, got income sure better than no income and u didnt really have info for whats next, so also hard to comment

overall i dun think anyone can give realistic n constructive feedback here, looking at the limited information

@lyonap People will advise you to make safe decisions because that's how they are wired. Don't make your decisions based on money, it's good that you feel you've hit your ceiling and want change. That means you want GROWTH.

Be random and follow your heart. Sometimes we don't get everything right but there is no real wrong. Life is an experience and I've learnt that choosing happiness and satisfaction is key.

Do what you love, the kind of job that even if you worked for free you would be happy.

@lyonap Honestly, and this is just a thought, quit your job and take a break. Use that break to reorganise your priorities. Talking from my own experience, before I was only earning 3K and had a miserable job with long work hours and unrewarding benefits. I started to question my life decisions and in the end took the leap of faith to resign without a job. I took 6 months off. Now, I'm working a job with monthly pay >10K with a much more balanced work life.

You seem to be at the point where you're questioning the purpose of your work. This is a sign to take a step back to re-evaluate your life thus far and plan for the next step.

Again, these are just my thoughts. Feel free to do with it as you see fit.

@lyonap 8-9 months emergency fund is not enough to quit without another job lined up. If you plan to take a holiday it will eat into the fund as well. Just apply elsewhere, take one month off once you get an offer and go for your trip to destress.

@clarencia I once had a 12 months severence after being laid-off. Took my time to find a job as I had good emergency funds to sustain, by the 5th month I had panic attacks as job market was cruel - never be too sure 🤣