About 30 percent of us will die before age 65. Do you have a plan B for your investments, in case you're unlucky?

@providenciaet I’m good and I understand it just fine. My logic applies the same to 40 and 50 etc, and the life expectancy is always higher than 76. OP is still wrong, I just chose too young of an age. Y’all really need to get outside more if you care this much.

@devotedbaker54 Nah you just need to be quiet, because you blatantly exaggerated in your initial comment. It's glaringly obvious you're the type of person who can't admit when they're wrong.

@folkrox I admitted I was wrong to use a young example and should have used older than 30, since the difference was small. Go look at 65, is the life expectancy still 76? Of course not.

@devotedbaker54 At 30 your life expectancy is less than 2 years longer than at birth. Like 78 vs 76 for men. I wouldn't say that is "much higher". Its not as dramatic as people think for the first 20-30 years of life.

@inchristcah The point still stands regardless of what the numbers are. The older you are the longer your average life expectancy becomes.

After a certain point, usually around 80 (but varying by country and circumstance) your average life expectancy is only a few more years, even if you're still alive and well a decade later after that 'few more years' prediction.

@inchristcah I know you think that - I had that plan too. I am now 59 and was able to retire this year due to planning, good actions, and some luck.

I am still quite healthy and plan to do a lot of things I have never done before. I think I have at least 20 good years ahead (and I hope some number of semi good years after that)

@johnchristianforum So far my plan is to retire at 60. Regardless of how long you get to live, it's still prudent to fill out a beneficiary for your accounts. With my car and motorcycle, there is a "TOD", or transfer on death noted on the title of each vehicle.