For sake of argument, I you get MYR 200k ~ 250k to invest, which investment will you do?

@lastdisciple You don’t need to learn a lot of stuff about investing. Don’t try and be “clever”. Find a website or app in Malaysia that lets you invest in the US markets (you don’t have to do US but at least follow ETF philosophy). The ETFs such as vanguard VOO (Google such things) are very diversified, computer selected best performing stocks that charge less than 0.1% per year. They out perform almost all other investments. Don’t chop and change, just sit and hold. If you are scared of market now, drop in a chunk every month or 2 over the next couple years, preferably keep doing that every moment or so no matter how small. Don’t follow the news, don’t get scared, sit and relax

@lastdisciple The right time is yesterday :)

No the classic saying is time in the markets not time the markets. As mentioned, if you are scared about current volatility follow “dollar cost averaging”

It’s going to go up. It’s going to go down. If you are looking at needing money in like 20 years don’t worry ( look what everyone says now, I wish I bought apple in 2001, look at the overall markets on a 20+ year scale not 1 week or 1 month. There will be another war or covid or housing crash. The news will flash “5% drop today” you never see “market creeped up 10% over 1 year. It’s kind of rigged like that.

If you pay someone to tell you what to do they will be the biggest winner. They will consume more than 20% -50% of your potential gains.