Finally got my first mortgage at 42 and here’s what I learnt

@shaynaleab How were you only allowed to provide 3 payslips and no bank statements? Seems super suspicious to me.

You could’ve given the broker 3 fake payslips and didn’t make any money and got the loan??

@baccano The bank assesses how much income you have left over at the end of each month after taking into account minimum assessment rates on your new loan, credit card, personal loans etc with your declared living expenses (if higher then HEM otherwise HEM is used)

If you pass with a $500+ a month surplus and you provided a payslip as a FT or PT employee, you don’t need to show your bank statements for where your salary is credited.

If you’re lending 90% or less base LVR, they don’t need a statement for your account where your deposit is either.

For LVRs 80+, you may need to provide a statement for your credit card or personal loan confirming the most recent payment has been made if the other bank don’t report on your repayment history on your credit file. Most banks do now days.

@sparkydave Not OP but my mortgage is with RAMS and they didn't ask for bank statements. We originally went with St George before changing our mind and they also didn't ask for bank statements.