[California] EDD $300 LWA Payments Explained

willyjoejimbob

Here's a good article EDD released today with good clarification on their plans to pay out 5 weeks of $300 LWA payments, including eligibility information and potential for the 6th week of payment. You can read the details here ...

https://www.abc10.com/amp/article/m...ined/103-1481fec7-f951-4896-9119-6a9a8039ac65

Phase One​

• Claimants who submitted their certification for all three of those weeks at the same time will receive one lump sum of $900 ($300/week x 3 weeks).
  • Claimants who did not submit their certification for all three of those weeks at the same time, the payments will be split in two due to normal bi-weekly payment cycles based on when you provided your certifications for the three weeks of benefits.
    • Those with the weeks ending August 1st and 8th in the same two-week cycle will receive a $600 payment first followed a few days later by the remaining $300 for August 15th.
    • Those with the week ending date of August 1st on the second half of their two-week cycle will receive $300 first and the other $600 should arrive a few days later for the weeks ending August 8th and 15th.
  • Claimants that were not paid for one or two weeks of the initial three week period due to excessive earnings, fully employed, or disqualified will only receive LWA payments for weeks paid.
EDD said the first phase of payments is set to be completed in the "next couple of weeks."

Phase Two​

People in phase two, who still need to verify that their unemployment is related to the coronavirus pandemic, will need to wait until September 15. Starting on that date, EDD will start accepting self-attestations from people who otherwise qualify for the LWA payments.

EDD said it will also send notifications to people in phase two by email, text message, or mail.

For people in the second phase, EDD recommends they log onto their UI Online account and complete the one-time self-attestation. Self-attestation by paper is also available.

[Read the full article for details on Eligibility and additional LWA weeks.]

@willyjoejimbob According to this I am Phase one. I certified both weeks ending in Aug 1 and August 8, at the same time. I only received my regular benefit amount. Are there still other people who are phase 1 that have yet to receive LWA funds?

@lovebooks Sorry guys, I’m also PUA and certified the 1 and 8th. I got my claim activity changed on Wednesday and payed yesterday 600$. I’m sorry it’s taking so long for you guys but I really do believe it’s coming. I know it sucks because we all have bills to pay and this system of payment really isn’t working out very good.

@radiotint Hi I’m from CA too. How did you get the notification that you got paid the extra $300? I didn’t get any notification at all. I checked the EDD debit card balance and it doesn’t show anything. I just submitted my two week certification today Sep13 and checked the Claim Information - it still shows only the base unemployment benefit and no $300 per week. I’ve been receiving unemployment since late May.

Thank you.