[Serious] How can you tell if a property listing is fake?

andrew888

Yesterday I read a post that said Total Contract Prices (TCPs) for pre-selling single-detached houses from Biñan to Calamba are 3M at the minimum. So I did a quick search and found this:

https://onepropertee.com/properties...e&propertyType=Houses-and-Lots&sort=price:asc

Could they be fake?

Asking because the pre-selling prices on the first page of the results I saw at the time of my commenting on the original post just range between 1.76M to 2.27M:

So, if you have experience in buying properties, how can you tell if a property listing is fake?

@andrew888 Ask for an ocular visit and copy of due diligence docs. You don't actually have to go but if di magreply or maraming dahilan then it's either totally bogus listing or they're not the real owner. Maybe also they're not really seriously on the market or may problem sa docs or sa area / the property itself. If any of the above move on to the next one.

Edit: I just checked your link and they're really small. I'm not from that area so I wouldn't know the prices or the specific developments. One says by filinvest but the subdivision names itself doesn't ring a bell. Maybe preselling yan?

@andrew888 Hi, napansin ko na ang dami sa mga websites now like that ay hindi na updated as compared to Facebook na ang daming ahente or even Carousell (na mas madali i-navigate/filter). Like your last link, nakalagay from 2022 pa yung iba. Knowing how they artificially inflate prices almost every quarter, outdated na talaga yan.

On the flip side, nakakairita din magcheck sa FB kase mabibwisit ka kaka-PM, and at some point matututo ka magread between the lines (e.g. DP lang pala nakalista, or pasalo price among others) hahaha

I’ve been searching for the last 3 months kaya nasanay na ako magbasa at napuno na inbox ko.

@butforgrace Thank you so much for your insights.

Of the 24 properties listed, 11 were updated or posted in 2023, 6 were posted in 2022, and 7 were posted in 2021. So more than half of them are, indeed, outdated.

Will check Facebook as well and read between the lines thanks to what you said.