@rosie37861 ganyan din ako noon, laging naghahanap ng work although nasustain naman ng parents ko yung pagaaral at needs ko but still iba padin pagpinagirapan. At the age of 20 doon ko palang naranasan talaga magwork, buy and sell at freelance (currently online personal trainer ngayon). Basta ang iniisip ko, don't chase for money but chase for the experience because money will come next. Ifilter mo yung mga skills na kayang mo gawin at improve mo pato gaya ng sakin I love lifting weights at magturo so inimprove ko yung skills ko. Nagresearch ako ng mabuti and ayon kahit papano may konting sideline sa pagtuturo. Wag mo icompare sarili mo sa iba, iba iba tayo ng opportunity hindi lahat pantay pantay ng opportunity sa buhay. Basta dapat ang mindset mo ay learn and always improve. Instead na sayangin mo oras mo sa pagiisip kung pano gumawa ng pera ang gawin mo pano mo maiimprove sarili mo at hanapin mo ang skills na magbibigay tulong sayo in the future. Wag kang magalala, nakakapressure talaga ngayon pero kanya kanya tayo ng daan. Magtyaga ka lang at makukuha mo din gusto mo op

@rosie37861 Slow down and start small step.
If your good to learn a new language then download Python, play with it and learn from free courses on MIT python courses(google it). Change to other program language like making apps in Iphone or Android.

It takes 10 years to master a skill, invest with it. When your 26 y/o you might be doing web design, cyber security(in demand job), or other programming job. With good sum salary on tech.

I saw some teenagers got job by accidentaly doing ethical hacking on company websites, or kids doing programming their own NFTs getting millions of it. Just dont compare yourself to some outliers.

But since your good in drawing or design you might want to do some art and sell it digitally. Digital art is new concept now. Or make your own NFT with arts. Since NFT can be limited they can be good on the right buyer.
Axies are just NFT digital pets people collect, since they are limited, people tend to buy a huge sum for them.

@oluwaseyi I'm actually learning on freecodecamp as recommended by my tito, but I'm still stuck on the Web design section since I'm busy with other stuffs. Should I skip html/css and go to phyton? My tito said that I should start from the very top.

About Nfts, I don't really get how they work, I feel like it's just an example of Greater fool theory. I want to avoid this as much as possible cuz it feels like scamming people. If I don't have any other options I probably will resort to this. Though art commissions I'll consider to do.

Thx for recc, I'll check out the phyton course if I have time.

@rosie37861 I just commented python since its free on the course. Im not into programming by the way. I just played it once before cuz I was so bored making some crappy Pacman game..lol

@rosie37861 Saw this after posting, demand for employees who use Python isn't very high in the PH right now. HTML/CSS first for sure. Then get into Python after that, if you plan to take up any business related course in the future, SQL first before Python.

(am employed right now in banking, Python is more powerful and I've mastered it-- but I use SQL 90% of the time at work.)

@rosie37861 This is the most important lesson: you’re only in competition with yourself. Stop comparing your life to other people’s lives because that’s not good for mental health and it will paralyze you from taking action because you think you’re behind. You’re not.

This is the time for you to learn how to work, not yet learn how to make money. So don’t look at salaries yet (it doesn’t sound like you need to make money to survive) and look at what you want to do and find an internship in that field.

Internships won’t just teach you hard skills, it will teach you soft skills as well. Working life is a different ballgame. You won’t find anyone who will pay you 850 an hour if you don’t know the first thing about being an employee.

@rosie37861 You'll never get a 'job' in PH at 16 unless u have connections or you're wealthy enough (has a capital). My advise for u is to study; 1. Get a scholarship (lalo na sa college, malaking tulong 'to), 2. Since you draw, hone your skill (the better you draw, mas malaki value ng artworks mo), 3. Learn some language, I suggest spanish since mas maraming oppurtunity hehe pero ikaw bahala. This is just my advice speaking from experience (since di kami financially stable & i learn to find money in a hard way, I even sell illegal subscriptions since walang age req. which is nakatulong pero pinagsisihan ko lol don't that haha, 16 din ako nun, that was 4 years ago haha). Also its okay if u feel left behind, may kanya-kanya tayong pace sa buhay, just enjoy your teenage years nalang at mag-aral ng mabuti. Rather than investing, yung savings mo, ilipat mo nalang sa digital banks since mas mataas interest rate kesa sa mga trad. banks.

Set a goal, tapos focus ka nalang muna dun. Just speaking from experience, since i got obsess on making money kasi nga mahirap nga lang kami without knowing nalihis na pala ako sa goal ko (which is mag-aral ng mabuti).

@rosie37861 You're main advantage is your youth. You have plenty of energy and time. Just no money. However, being young opens up a lot of opportunities. There are free Tesda courses that should give you an entry level job. Once there, try to aim for a valid ID. Best ID is driver's licence and passport. Those 2 IDs is very useful even if you don't plan to travel

@rosie37861 I'm 20, and here are tips I can give my 16-year-old self (if I had the chance) and the things I have done in the past that helped me reach my current state. I started working when I was 18, almost 19, to be specific.

- Learn how to save religiously, track one's expenses, and become familiar with lifestyle creep to avoid overspending in the future when you start earning cash.

- Since you are a graphic artist at such a young age ( a little jelly ), I would have invested more time in learning it more and building a solid portfolio while I'm at it. This can kickstart your chosen career if you want to pursue being a graphic artist.

- READ MORE. There are books about financial literacy. Try avoiding preachy self-help books, some can be life-changing, but I feel like once you've read a certain amount of them, they all start to sound the same. Personal recommendations would have to be fast lane millionaire, atomic habits, and non-violent communication. NOVELS are great for widening your vocabulary. INVEST IN YOUR COMMUNICATION SKILLS.

- If reading isn't your cup of tea, just try to learn as much as you can, remain open and soak in as much information. Whatever works for you.

- Use social media less, LOL. It's easier said than done. Constant comparison can fuck you up. Just set realistic goals for yourself..

@flis Thanks, kuya. I'm not an actual graphic artist, Although I've done something that may resemble it, but, it's just not that good. And I agree with you, I should use social media less. I've read some fair reading of fictional novels(More specifically, lightnovels), never got invested in non-fiction though. I will try so.

@rosie37861 Look kid, bata ka pa. wag mo istressin sarili mo by comparing yourself with other kids your age. hind lahat ng 16 year olds ay may magulang na makakapagbigay ng puhunan sa anak nila ng high 5 or low 6 figures. That being said, if you want real world experience, try mo mag apply sa mga fastfood places. i had my 1st job at Jollibee when i was 17 back in 1996 or 97 (i cant remember the year lol). It's minimum wage but it should give you an idea how to stretch your money.

@rosie37861 Agree with the comparisons with other people, don't put too much pressure on yourself!

If there is an immediate need for money, then of course start looking for some freelancing jobs-- but if there isn't, building your skillset is already ensuring your success in the future.

I don't know what profession you plan to get into, but get a step ahead by studying it. Most college students just rely on what they learn in school without learning other skills that will help them get an advantage in the future. (e.g. learning some programming actually helps finance students)

Again, don't compare yourself to others. All you have to do is believe in your own plan. :)

@rosie37861 Don't be too harsh on yourself. Spend your time honing your skills and doing what you love. Don't worry about the money for now because that will someday come to you. I think you're on the right track to become successful. Just don't rush things because it takes time.