[California] Unemployment update. Emailed state senator

Update 6/11 ... Looking at my account on the Edd website it still shows pending and no payments issued..but I did get paid last night at around 9:30pm ...
So we will see what happens as far as the website updating and retroactive payments but hey I was happy for the 1500.

@raptureready1958 I am happy for you. That gives us all hope. I am waiting on a response. I do not know what to do at this time. I have been waiting since March 2020. We all know the story, we call one number to be told to call another number to be told they can not help us. The 833-978-2511 is unable to assist me since they have limited access. The Assembly and Senator are my only hope. It is frustrating when you dial 800-300-5616 get to step when you enter your social security number only to tell you they can not help you. Be safe.

@resjudicata First, find out who your state senator is and find all the contact information you can. They typically have a couple offices. I called my most local office and just explained that I was having an issue contacting EDD, to get an update on my claim. The office staffer had clearly taken my exact calls before and walked me through how they can attempt to help.

I have worked in politics and am aware, a bit, how these offices work. I will say, not all state senators and their staff are going to be effective. So your experience may depend on the senators office. But its worth a try.