[California] My unemployment balance finally hit $0. Does anyone know what will happen now? Fed-ed extension, BYE 3/15

@crizdad I opted out paperless too but they still sent both forms for the extensions last year. I'm waiting for a few more days, but I been calling too. Trying my luck. Keep me posted and Ima do the same.

@immanuelmark For sure, I got you! I’ll wait a bit with you as well and see if anything happens to my account or if I get a text/mail. I’ll start calling by the end of the week! Keep you posted!

@crizdad Update: So yesterday....9:38 got into the que and @ 10:16 connected to Alexis who has a dope energy and whole vibe was everything but her department is identify verification and something else. So back in the ocean but I hug up.... In the que @ 10:53 and wait time was 10 minutes. The lady was nonchalant.... I asked about the notice I got and she like that means the 29 week extension. I'm like oh okay (knew she wasn't gonna help she sounded bothered)....

Today I just got this message in my portal:

Regular unemployment claims are good for one year and records show your initial unemployment claim has expired. If you are currently unemployed or working less than full time and want to continue collecting benefits, you must apply for a new claim, even if you are on an extension or have money left on your expired claim. UI OnlineSM is the fastest way to apply.

After you apply, it will take about two to three weeks for us to let you know if you qualify for a new regular unemployment claim and of any next steps you need to take. Depending on your eligibility, we may move you to a new claim, add a federal extension to your expired claim, or continue your existing extension.

If you served in the military, worked for a federal government agency, or worked in a state outside of California within the last 18 months, you can only apply for a new claim by phone, mail, or fax.

You will receive an email and a text message when your new claim is processed. We appreciate your patience as we are working to process a high volume of claims during COVID-19.

Visit Benefit Year End for more information.

Thank you,

Employment Development Department
State of California

(Ima call tomorrow to refile or see if I get one who can just click the extension)... Just got off the phone 8mins call and she said yea just refile I will get denied but the extension will kick in. I'm calling again though and