Thoughts on a 10M salary in Semicon in Nagoya

@passiflora Both your local preschools and the international school will offer tours for prospective parents. You can always wait until you arrive and then visit to get a feel for each place before making a decision.

@passiflora They are. I’m in finance so that’s what I know about, but someone working for a top firm here can be easily making less than someone working for a very average firm in Europe. Until you start getting into the 10s of millions range, you may have much lower tax rates though, which would balance off the discrepancy a little bit, but you’re not going to get costal United States income no matter how you spin it.

@passiflora Yeah, the average pay in Japan is quite low compared to other wealthy countries. The cost of living is also lower though.
It all depends on your life goals and interests but you should have enough money to live pretty comfortably.

@passiflora What's the housing allowance like in year 3?
With that level of salary (not considering the international school) you should be conformable with any amount of housing allowance.

I reckon gaishi semicon would be a good company going forward especially with their countrymen/no Japanese skills/experienced.