@deryon
it seems pretty clear that if my status is nonpermanent resident and I've earned Foreign Source Income that was paid abroad and NOT remitted into Japan, then its not taxable in Japan.

Of course. But you said earlier that you are talking about "Japan-source" income (i.e., income derived from work you perform in Japan), not foreign-source income. Foreign-source income is things like rental income derived from foreign real estate and dividends paid by foreign companies, i.e., passive income sources that aren't generated by your activities.

as the company is not paying the salary/wages IN Japan, then I'm permitted to perform work

The Immigration Law states the opposite (Article 19(1)). Pretty much every public statement on this topic by an immigration professional also says the opposite. I'm not sure if there was a miscommunication, or if the people you spoke to were misinformed, but under the statute there is no limitation based on the location of the company making the payment. The only limitation is based on the location where the work is performed.