Thinking of closing my Security Bank account

toliveischrist

Edit 2: Most recent video (3 months) - bagong biktima nanaman, P500k in 1 transaction only. Most banks set a limit of P40-P50k and di basta basta makaka pull out ka ng P500k sa online transaction.

Start at 5:27

Dyusko. If all of these reports were true (and also may nabasa rin ako dati around 2020, something similar happening), then my insider job nga sa SB. It doesn't matter if they put OTP measures if it really is an insider job. Even banking mobile apps won't spare you from this. (See the comments on that video)

I don't really think its social engineering. Nobody these days is dumb enough to click on shady links. I also saved the official link of SB website.

it happened to me last year. lost 170k. reported them to nbi, security bank, and globe. til now walang nangyayari. they said the transaction was valid and authorized. i didn’t even get OTPs and emails of the bank transfer. i just happened to check my balance. i took all my money out of them and just left my maintaining balance. i lost all hope of getting it back. i’m glad this is getting traction that it needs.

Lahat ng may account sa security bank, iclose nyo na yan, mukhang dito sila unti unting mawawalan ng customer.

Pag ibalik yung pera, papepermahan ka pa ng kontrata na di magsasampa ng kaso... Kunting hiya naman po Security Bank. Isauli niyo yung pera. Inside job yan. = Parang ginaya si BDO noong Mark Nagoyo scam

@artless_ascetic Yup, dun pa lang sa video ng news na shinare nya, sinabi na tinawagan yung mga biktima -- yung isa dinirect sa isang site para "bumili" and yung isa naman sinabihan na tutulungan gumawa ng online account.

Andami ring nagpopost dito at sa r/ph ng tungkol sa mga scams kung san nabiktima sila ng social engineering at phising.

Marami rin syempre na nagsasabi na di sila biktima ng phising kahit yun naman talaga ang nangyari sa kanila.

@artless_ascetic SB Insiders

It's actually SB insiders. No point complaining to SB CS since it's just them working in cahoots with each other.

Most customers with new,still inactivated credit cards even reported transactions they do not recognize to SB.

SB blamed the courier for the fraudulent transactions. Lol really dumb. So harap harapan na talaga.

If you complain, SB CS will not charge back the transaction.

Be careful when calling SB CS, most of them will steal your personal info for future scamming. Better go to the branch instead of calling CS.

What use is a bank if you can't trust their customer service? That's where you talk to them if you have a problem with your transaction. I don't know about you, pero I won't be keeping my money if CS is korakot.

They know all SB depositors logins. Lol they don't even need your password. Do not call SB CSR!!! they are part of the scam!

Better get your money out ASAP.

Sample of SB CS scammer/insider call

@artless_ascetic Edit - kakasearch ko lang sa youtube. Napalabas sa bitag din. New victim. Most recent video (3 months) - bagong biktima nanaman, P500k

Start at 5:27

Hindi daw sha nagclick ng links and wala syang recent online transaction.

Also nawala P500k in 1 transaction lang. Big red flag. Most banks set a withdrawal limit of P40-P50k. Lampas na yan sa instapay limit.

@toliveischrist
I don't really think its social engineering. Nobody these days is dumb enough to click on shady links. I also saved the official link of SB website.

Social engineering, phishing are still the most prominent hacking methods because people will always be the weakest link in any security chain.

Customers will not share their wifi passwords to their friends but will give away OTPs to people they literally know nothing about. 😂

@toliveischrist Lost 90k from online banking.
I deactivated all online stuff

And limited my transaction to them na over the counter lng ako and atm

Madami ng ganyang issue sa SBC.
Pinapalaki ko n lng laman ng sbc ko then spend it otc or via atm from time to time

@toliveischrist It's not just Security Bank I know people who work in different banks and they talk about these things.

Share ko nalang din for awareness.

Recently, yung isang kakilala ko from BDO, mismong kamaganak niya na drain yung account. And while finflag nung kilala ko yung account nakalusot pa yung one last transaction. 6 digits din nakuha. Money was transferred to different accounts na suspected compromised din until it was transferred out of BDO na.

They suspect na na clone/hack yung phone nung account owner kasi after nareport na yung incident, hindi siya macontact ng BDO. When they checked, naka block na lahat ng numbers ng BDO sa phone niya na wala naman siya binblock. Naenroll din yung account niya sa online banking na hindi niya alam. I guess kasi naiintercept yung notifs.

Topic of conversation to recently samin and naturally yung iba namin kakilala working in other banks weighed in. And yes, they encounter a lot of reports na scam related.

Generally the consensus is 2 things:

1) Madami pa din people who are vulnerable to scams. Either gullible lang talaga, desperate, hindi masyadong tech literate, or minsan accidentally lang talaga.

2) Scammers are also getting smarter. They look for easy targets in combination with more advanced methods.

So nobody is really safe. Just do as much as you can to avoid being scammed.