PSA: CIMB extended their 8% Prosperity Promo

afj92

So I was wrong when I said they won't have a similar promo again this month, but at least it works in my favor as I emptied my CIMB last January, such that I am able to maximize the ADB Growth for February. Mechanics for the promotion are in this link: 8% Prosperity Promo Deposit Campaign | Promotions | CIMB Bank PH

I was also the same person who created a calculator for interest, so I updated it to account for the promo extension for February and March: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Apqxb9QmfBNziFM5J5NzTakTT2mw?e=iv88AB

Just make sure to download a copy first and if you liked the calculator, please click on the OneDrive referral link so I could increase my storage limits and back up more pictures from my future travels. :)

@afj92 Thanks for the info.

Confirm ko lang. Wala na bang requirement na mag-transact using CIMB app for at least 500 pesos para makuha yung 4% p.a. rate for the first 200k pesos ADB? Yung promo kasi nila in the previous months may ganung requirement pero wala na akong makitang ganun sa bagong T&C nila. Thanks!

@cactus_lil Wala na. That was actually for their 6% promo nung 2022. Yung 500 peso transaction is for the additional 2%, para maging 6% yung total. Kung ganun pa rin yung requirements though, it would be easy to satisfy that just by doing a cash in. But no more weird requirements this time to get the 4% (2.5 + 1.5) up to 200k ADB.

@resjudicata Haha same! I mean there's no way I would be able to bring up my ADB in January. Nakakainis lang na February 3 nagsabi itong CIMB tapos gabi pa so ipit ang pera sa Maya until tomorrow dahil Pesonet ang gagamitin pang lipat bangko. Pagdating ng March, lipat ulit sa better choice para kung maisipan ulit ni CIMB magextend ng 8% sa April, go lang.

@aboverubies31 No, Just for the particular month. So kunwari, gusto mo i-avail yung 8% for February. Kapag natapos na yung February, malalaman mo na yung monthly ADB mo for February. Basically, monthly ADB is just the sum of your end of day balances divided by the number of days in a month. Pero makikita mo rin ito sa CIMB app so no need to compute.

If let's say your Jan ADB was 10,000 and your Feb ADB is 30,000. Kunin mo yung difference nung dalawa so 30,000 - 10,000 = 20,000

20,000 -> 8% p.a.

10,000 -> 4% p.a.

You can check the Excel, may visualization din how this is broken down.