CIMB extends (again) 4% p.a. interest promo to June 30, 2021

@martin777 Normally, the additional 1.4% is credited on the 14th or 15th of the month

As mentioned on their site

“The additional interest earned will be credited to their respective accounts within fourteen (14) business days after each qualifying period. It will be in the form of account credit on top of the regular monthly base interest payout.”

@ari4ever7 Asking as well. I had 500k sa Upsave, would be nice to transfer the other 250k sa GSave and both would earn max interest. I'll check this coming month ano mangyayari.

Updating with my experience: To the best of my knowledge, I have had 250k on both GSave and UpSave accounts, and checking now, UpSave earned 539, while GSave earned 488. There may be some disparity to the ADB but it can't be that much as I tried to fill the GSave as soon as I could. But from this, can you imply that both earned max interest? I actually think they did. Though I didn't do any math on this.

@resjudicata Reading the t&c's parang total relationship balance talaga.

'if a customer has a total relationship balance of at least PHP100,000 on their UpSave and/or GSave by the end of each
qualifying month during the Campaign period (31st May or 30th
June) he/she will be entitled to the special interest rate of 4% p.a.
for average daily balances (ADB) up to PHP 250,000.'

'For average daily balances in excess of PHP 250,000, customers
will qualify for 2.5% p.a. for UpSave and 2.6% p.a. interest for
GSave.'

Abangan 😄

@resjudicata
Permanent na kasi ni CIMB yung 4%

what's meant by this is, the person is suggesting that CIMB should make it permanent, since they always just extend it later on. But to make more noise (or marketing strat), which could be the reason of having a shorter promo period + extension.