Is it worth paying with FNB for groceries for e-bucks?

@futureman29 I used to have Nedbank and FNB but got almost nothing on greenbacks .so moved everything to FNB.

FNB ebucks has become allot harder but if you consistent check every month and stay on level 5 there are some decent rewards but need to use your virtual card .

So when I'm on level 3 I earn about R600 a month back on level 5 I earn between R2000-2600 back a month . That's with petrol spend on company account not my own card .
I pay everything through virtual card including municipal accounts .

@futureman29 Mom with a baby here who buys all groceries with FNB card and I am very deliberate in how I spend and most of our shopping is at checkers. Our grocery spend is about R9000 a month and I don't earn much back so if you are happy with how you're doing things currently just stick with it. As mentioned there's so many hoops to jump through to get to the max % back
My main use for ebucks (and all my shopper rewards) is I keep it all for December and use it towards gifts.

@gracieloula If you have their PW account, that would be R1350 pm back on RL5. Multiply that by 12, and it's a bit more gifts in December.

The hoops aren't that difficult once you know what to do. Have a look at the calculator on the ebucks website it's quite helpful.

@soikeobongda24h Where does most of that R2700 come from if I may ask. I have a premier account and level 5 but seem to be capped at checkers, Engen and spar at R300 each. Wondering if those limits are higher if on private clients, or if I just don't spend enough monthly to earn more.

@quietbeauty Most of it from general spend and checkers etc . Also have an insurance product with them and streaming platforms on my virtual card .
Use virtual card for all transactions from in shop to municipal bills .

You will definately be limited by the premier account . They used to have table for returns and limits for each account type on ebucks website.
Higher the account the bigger your % at level 5 but harder is to stay there.

On my private clients account I was "capping" at R1200-1500 when I saw that if moved to private wealth was R200 more a month but ebucks would almost double and my partner got same account for half price with linked private banker . Did the numbers and got a jump in ebucks .

@futureman29 As someone who banks with absa, discovery & std bank I only purchase groceries from Pick ‘n Pay & Woolworths & now see major results in my counts / discovery miles & absa rewards

My discovery miles are almost up to R800 within 3 months of making the switch

It’s worth investigating who your key partners are & what you maybe get points for to maximise results example - discovery gives miles for healthy foods

Std bank has more points when you change your key rewards to groceries, absa more points when you swipe on your credit card

@futureman29 I would move to FNB if I was you then you can get 50% off the one of yours account fees if you go in and have them marry you on the system
Ebucks takes dedication and if you have the need for the multiple products they want you to use. If you get a sim from them you'll get data and airtime for free too. Link your clicks card and you'll get points at engen and fnb.

@futureman29 I got an FNB account in 2012 ,then the ebucks was good ,you could earn a fair amount without much effort , now you have to jump through so many hoops and meet certain criteria, FNB gets more greedy every year ,I will be changing my account to the account that has the lowest fees as I feel the ebucks rewards are no longer worth it.

@kings4ril Petrol + Checkers alone covers my monthly fee (and more if I take a trip further away). Never mind Kauai and Starbucks vouchers. You have to play the game but it's definitely worth it.

@futureman29 eBucks is not what it used to be. If it is cash back you are after you would be better off on Discovery with Vitality. Using your credit card to purchase and paying back interest free at month end, you could get some decent cash back.