2024 refresh - rewards of credit cards from Discovery, Capitec, Woolies and FNB (Miles, Cash Back, Vouchers and eBucks)

@s307kingsley Not exactly what you're asking I know but if you spend your Discovery Miles on Takealot (and other online stores) you get a 5% discount for each Discovery product you have (Up to a max of 15%) which is doubled on the 15th of each month (Up to a max of 30%).

Given that the max possible Woolworths healthy food DM rate is 75% (Diamond VItality Money, top health tier and R40 000 spend on the credit card) a fun bit of maths shows that you can sort of turn a profit on your Woolies spend.

Code:
R100 of healthy food x 75% = 750 DM
R100 of goods on Takealot x 70% (30% discount) = 700 DM
750 - 700 = 50 DM left over

So you could spend R100 for R100 of food, R100 of stuff on Takealot and have 50 DM leftover. Is this likely to happen? No. But it's been a great motivator for me with sorting out my finances :D

FNB people! Has anyone paid for Electricity or Municipal fees via Clicks recently and can confirm you still get 15% back in eBucks?

this was last mentioned here

EDIT: I went to a Clicks store today and they certainly don't let you pay for either at the till. I will still try online but eBucks can only show after the month has finished... that's if it works. If anyone can confirm, please let us know.

This will make the biggest difference between FNB and Discovery credit cards.