HDFC index funds expense ratio doubled in direct plans from 15-Apr-2021

@heliumskylark Index funds have fund managers who are experts in reducing tracking error. Everyday stocks weightage changes in 4-5 decimal points. One has to take a call to readjust or wait for 1-2 more days. Also, they need to balance redemption etc., Most of this is automated but still need someone to check . No point in doing so many buy/sell transactions whenever a slight 0.0001 % variation happens in weights - That would result in unnecessary Demat charges, transaction charges thereby increasing the tracking error.

@james76 Started with them but then moved to Icici Nifty Index. Wonder if it's to be expected across index funds now. They're realising Index funds are getting recognition and want to milk it as well 😐

@confusedfellow This could make sense as Index funds have definitely started gaining traction. How's ICICI though? I had thought of investing with them but then settled with UTI.

@legroom They've had some tracking error in the last year in comparison to UTI. I would suggest sticking to the UTI one. Though they've also increased TER to 0.18% today, I expect ICICI to do the same as well in the near future.