Finally on a health policy hunt (steps included). Shortlisted one, advice needed.

@sadie_the_cat66 Haha yaa I do know that, but I got ton of saved stuff that I saved and never visited agai, which makes it difficult to find the one I really need. On the other hand I comment once in a blue moon. So yeah...

@highonluna In India, all "health" insurance policies should all be renamed "hospitalization" insurance policies. They only pay out if you are hospitalized. If you develop a health problem with expensive treatment but which doesn't require hospitalization, they pay nothing.

@gash
If you develop a health problem with expensive treatment but which doesn't require hospitalization, they pay nothing

Can you mention a few examples of health problems that fall in this category (expensive treatment but doesn't require hospitalization)

There are several procedures that are covered under 'day-time procedures' that do not require hospitalization

@highonluna Apollo Munich came out the best when I was searching for family cover - good hospital coverage, stable and big insurer etc. It got acquired by HDFC Ergo so no other option other than going with good plans of HDFC Ergo.

Star Health used to have good reviews but it has been looking for a buyer for some time, not sure if they have closed the deal or not. RJ apparently was one of the investors interested. So not a good idea to think of them from a stability point of view.

@highonluna
Star Comprehensive: Extra things which I didn't require and more waiting period, also a limit on room rent to single standard A/C

Single standard ac should be fine right. I mean there might be terms hidden but is there something more obvious I'm missing??

Are other lower priced room not covered??