Employer messed up my D.O.B.

richst6616

So as the title says when my employer took my information he registered my date of birth a year before it actually is. I work at a restaurant and he asked if I mind being one of the employees that was laid off. Does anyone know if this will effect my filing or how to remedy the situation?

@chesney I believe with the I.r.s and I know because of that I can't e-file my returns and need to go to a tax office to do it for me now. Im just not aware of what to do about unemployment.

@richst6616 Okay. I think something else might be going on. Your social security number is what should matter for the IRS. AS for not being able to e-file, in that case you should print and mail your return. That's not something that requires going to an IRS office.

Unemployment should work out okay, though you may require extra paperwork if there is an error in something that matters here.

If you could explain how you've determined that your birthdate is wrong somewhere it would help with recommendations of how to fix it.