[CALIFORNIA] REAPPLY IF YOU’VE REACHED YOUR B.Y.E. - TRUST!

jlmetcalf

I was on PEUC which ran out on 3/28. Couldn’t certify up until today, but only because I reapplied as per EDD’s instructions.

In a nutshell... On 4/19 I reached my BYE so I reapplied for UI benefits like the EDD suggests. I signed in today and saw I was able to certify for the previous 3 weeks I hadn’t been paid for and saw a message in my inbox saying my claim was denied due to lack of income and thus I was placed back on the PEUC extension... Fast forward to about 10 seconds after I finished certifying and I see those weeks are listed as “paid.”

Now, since it’s late in the day and so soon after certifying, it hasn’t hit my bank account, but I’m sure it’ll be there tomorrow since this is what’s happened every time I certify (ie: shows paid about 12hrs before hitting my account). Regardless, those weeks have been cleared for payment so fucking HALLELUJAH!

...so yeah, if you’ve reached your benefit year end (BYE) you should definitely reapply and not just wait for an extension.

@jlmetcalf I'm a little confused my BYE was 4/1 I didn't reapply and recieved a message in my inbox that an extension was filed for me and my account balance was updated with the additional weeks.i was able to certify. I was then paid two weeks and now have 3 weeks pending. Do I need to reapply?

@jlmetcalf Thanks for this im in the same boat. Question, how long did it take to hear back from EDD after you refiled your claim? They say 3 weeks is that accurate in your case?

@turbosixx Swear to god bro:

< 48 hrs time.

I filed late late Sunday night/early Monday morning, and then checked about 30 min ago and I had a message in my inbox and the option to certify was available like it has been in the past. It may have been even sooner; I just happened to check at like 7pm.

@jlmetcalf I mailed my claim, it took 2 weeks to unlock my pending dates and i got to certify. Today I got a letter about my claim. Havent spoken to anyone at EDD offices.