CA got debit card today- Timeline until delivery for those still waiting & some questions for anyone who knows

melimeli2210

3/19- submitted application
3/22- benefits approved
4/5- weekly benefits became available to certify
4/14- Debit card received in mail with first two weeks payment on it

For anyone still waiting be patient. They don’t really give any updates or any information as you’re waiting. But it will get to you. I was really stressed waiting too so I just wanted to show you guys my timeline and let you know it’ll get to you sooner then later.

I also had some questions if anyone can help me with it would really really appreciate it-

I got my first two weeks payment on this, will all future payments just come directly on to the card. Because I’ve been hearin:)g about checks so I’m just not sure if it will always go to the card or expect a check?

The 600$ payment is it supposed to go directly on the card also like our weekly benefit amount or do you get that in a different way?

1200$ stimulus check has there been updates on when supposed to come & how we get it? I’ve heard so many different ways. Direct deposit/check etc

Last one does anyone have any guidance on if it’s better to get the taxes withdrawn from the payments now or just pay the taxes on it down the road?
Thank you to whoever answers any of these and if you guys have questions for me I’ll answer anything

@melimeli2210 1) Future payments will go directly to the card; in some cases, checks were for initial payments while cards were being processed. 2) $600 will go to card separately or two separate weekly payments; should deposit on same day. 3) Will begin Wednesday, April 15; direct deposit (account last filed with the IRS). Those who direct deposited their IRS refunds will be likely be first. 4) Pay the taxes down the road. The other option gets complicated; save a minimum of 10% for tax purposes. Be safe.

@rsmiley117 Perfect!! That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you so much! Nice that’s great so it should be coming tomorrow. Perfect thank you for the help and tips with everything. Much appreciated!

@sarahsin80 Yeah so it says 1,000 every 24 hours. But it says 1,000 from an ATM in 24 hours. So I’m guessing you can go to multiple ATMs and get more out. If not then thousand a day

@melimeli2210 The $600 for me was put on my card included with my regular weekly Edd pay. It’s only starting for weeks after 4/2 I believe. So this current payment and all through June (I have heard) will include the extra $600.

@melimeli2210 I just got the deposit today for the 2 weeks ending 4/4 which I certified this past Sunday. This is only my second payment the previous one did not include the $600. I had read it was in effect as if 4/2.

@betzaidak Hmmmm got it that makes sense so I think when I certify my benefits on 4/19, with that payment I should get the 600 included for the week ending in 4/12 & 4/19. Hopefully at least lol

@melimeli2210 Most likely that should be your first one for the 600! I forget that we aren’t all on the same pay schedule. Even my sister is different and we work at the same place and applies only days apart.

@betzaidak Nice so basically on 4/19 when I certify the last two weeks from there. It should be 1200$ added on top the weekly benefit amount then right? Thank you for clarifying and helping btw much appreicated. This thing is all so crazy & confusing lol

@melimeli2210 I have certified twice and it says I’ve been paid twice on 4/2 and 4/12 and still don’t have the card. How long after your second payment until you received your card?

@cph So I certified my first two weeks payments on the same day. I did that on the 5th that was my first certification and it took 9 days after that to get the card. So I think you should be a couple days away from getting it

@melimeli2210 I filled out the info Tuesday 4/14 morning (where it asks if you’ve worked, how much you made, been looking for work, etc.). I did this online and it says pending for weeks ending in 3/28 and 4/4 in my account. I was just wondering how long it took to go from pending to approved?