Tax Bills Payment: Are Receipts Important?

john_doe

Hello,

We finally received our first housing tax bills few days ago. In the envelope it explains that we're able to pay online via QR code/credit card by accessing the eL-QR website (or app?). And so far, that's what we prefer to do.

Anyway, it explains that if we pay online (CC payment) we cannot have any receipts of tax payment. Is this going to be a problem going forward? Aside from record purposes, will there be a need to keep the receipts, perhaps tax office will ask for it eof year?

Thank you!

EDIT: For reference, this is what the website where we can pay online: eL-Tax

@john_doe After you pay you will get a confirmation of payment screen, which you should print out, as well as an email confirming your payment. I think it should go without saying that the municipality will also have a record of payment, and you can receive confirmation of payment at any time from them.

Don’t worry, they wouldn’t make a system which would purposefully put you at a disadvantage just to trick you. There are records.

Edit: Of course it’s the same if you pay through an app. You’ll get a confirmation number and it will be recorded by the municipality, but you won’t receive an email or an easily printable page, but that’s ok.

@john_doe i was wondering about this too, i paid my car tax with QR and know that they need a receipt for the biannual inspection, would just pulling up the paypay app and showing my payments be enough?