Should I go through my insurance?

sunnydaize

I was rear-ended in February of this year and have hit my deductible on body work through Geico.

About a week ago, I noticed my car had been side swiped and there is a dent on my rear passenger side. I live in San Francisco and there is fairly common. I have no idea when the incident took place, where, and have no real proof. I want to get my car fixed but am unsure if I should get an insurance quote because I am afraid of my monthly payment going up. Would you suggest I pay out-of-pocket for a repair or should I go through my insurance?

TLDR: I have no proof that I was side-swiped but need to get car repaired. Do I risk monthly insurance going up b/c I've already hit deductible this year??

@sunnydaize Your deductible is due for each incident, not annual like health insurance, so there is no "hitting my deductible for the year". You owe your deductible for each and every claim.

@sunnydaize Deductibles for auto and home insurance do not work the same as health insurance. It's understandable why people might assume that, but it's not the case. You owe that amount for each claim you make. Sounds like you should pay for this one out of pocket.