Looking for advice on what to do with 300K CHF

@nungirl_7 I think you misunderstood my point.

I am saying that if you didn't qualify for a 1 mil mortgage 3 years ago, then you won't qualify for a mortgage today (assume your salary stayed the same). The effective interest rate / cost of the mortgage does not matter, because banks don't take it into account during their assessment.

The fact that housing prices are rising generally obviously makes it less affordable over time. But nobody is disputing that. We were talking about interest rates.

Makes sense now?

@maxamir For what reason do you believe all the hassle with buying and renting a flat is worth it? Earnings from the rent or value gain the property.

@maxamir From your comments you seem to be idealizing buying an apartment to create a rent based income. It’s not that simple. You enter certain risks, you be to invest lots of time and learn many things. Are you Swiss and familiar with all the laws?

I personally think you will have better income and less struggle by investing your money into assets like ETFs.

Given the knowledge that you reveal through your comments I’d advise you to spent the first half of the year learning about investments and also about being a landlord. Don’t act too fast, or you will regret it.

@maxamir Buy a house for the weekend (a chalet), you can get that a lot cheaper than 1 Mio. and invest in it gradually for the tax. You can use it with the kids and therefore save for vacay costs but also rent it if you want additional income.