jon200689

I just got my W-2 but i doesn’t appear to be correct due to a DIY move.
They took 2k in taxes and I got back about $5k.
Where do I account for this in taxes ?
Where should this tax be reflected.
I stopped paying taxes due to dependents in august so my w-2 states I paid $1.9k which still doesn’t remotely equal the amount taken from PCS payout.

Any help would be much appreciated.

@jon200689 IIRC reimbursements for travel (to include moving) are not part of your standard (income) W-2. There should be a separate "travel / misc W-2" on the left-hand side of myPay for any of those expenses.

@jon200689 First time Active Duty tax season. My understanding is that we have to input both our base pay W2 and travel W2 into our respective tax system, like turbo tax, correct? Simply put, the travel W2 is just another W2 I list on turbo tax, right? Thanks!

@krispinwatson If you have both, yes you enter both. The Travel W-2 is only for people that did a PPM (aka DITY move) this year, so most people don’t have one.

You may also have other tax documents, like a W-2 from a non-military job, a 1099 from a saving or investment account, records from your self-employment/side hustle, or a 1098 from a school.

@kitty346 Gotcha. That makes sense. Thank you! I did have a DITY this year, so that explains the desperate W2. I will be sure to add both to my tax return. Thanks again!