Military Starcard in collections

@sweetheart1 McDonalds, Subway, your local coffee shop, whatever you want. Plenty of places would take that schedule.

You're coming here with problems and the solution is to get a job. You made multiple excuses as to why you don't have one. So I said to stop making excuses. I didn't say you were a dependa, you did.

Good luck to you!

@holywalk Like I haven’t already tried some of those places. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Also, I now have a job, I’m just waiting to start. Thank you for advice, that I clearly knew all already. :)

Thanks, good day!

@sweetheart1 They will absolutely garnish your tax return. Military star is considered a federal debt. I know a buddy whose wife defaulted a star card. They took half of her tax return to offset it

@achilles I am out of the service and they garnishment my paychecks at 15% and take my taxes if you have the option to get alone and can’t afford the 15%
Take that high interest loan because it is brutal. But on a positive note at 15% your debt will be payed back pretty quick.

@rhodin
will be paid back pretty

FTFY.

Although payed exists (the reason why autocorrection didn't help you), it is only correct in:
  • Nautical context, when it means to paint a surface, or to cover with something like tar or resin in order to make it waterproof or corrosion-resistant. The deck is yet to be payed.
  • Payed out when letting strings, cables or ropes out, by slacking them. The rope is payed out! You can pull now.
Unfortunately, I was unable to find nautical or rope-related words in your comment.

Beep, boop, I'm a bot

@sweetheart1 I’m having trouble following if OP is married to an active duty service member? If so, please go to Navy and Marine Corps Relief society, Army Emergency Relief, Air Force Aid society, etc…. Talk to them about debt consolidation assistance. They have financial counseling that can help you one on one.

paying of that collection is also vital to your husbands’ job. If he has a security clearance, having debt like that in collections could be grounds for suspending his clearance until it is resolved.

@sweetheart1 So for an entire year you made no payments on a credit card? Not even the minimum monthly payment of probably 50 dollars? And you didn’t ask your husband to help you pay at all? Or is this a credit card he doesn’t know about.

Hold up, no payments in 2 years? Its 2024. Your card has been in collections for a full 12 months now and you’ve done nothing about it?