CIMB extends (again) 4% p.a. interest promo to June 30, 2021

kenprays

Link to their FB post
We heard you! EXTENDED ang 4% promo hanggang June 30, 2021. Enjoy our 4% p.a. special interest* promo on your savings in 3 ways:
  1. Just maintain a minimum balance of PHP 100,000 in your UpSave and/or GSave account or
  2. Increase your Average Daily Balance by PHP 1,000 in your UpSave and/or GSave account every month within the qualifying period or
  3. If you're 18-25 years old (as of May 1, 2021) and you're just starting on your savings journey, just deposit at least PHP 500 to your UpSave or fully verified GSave account each month to become eligible.
Tap here to learn more about our 4% p.a. special interest (for PHP 100k balances): bit.ly/4Percent100k
Know more about our 4% p.a. special interest promo here (for PHP 1k ADB): bit.ly/4Percent1kADB
Visit this link to learn more about getting 4% p.a. interest for 18-25 years old:
bit.ly/4Percent1825

You can also avail of our FREE Life Insurance coverage when you maintain an average daily balance (ADB) of PHP 5,000 on your UpSave or GSave account to qualify.

Experience safe and secure banking with CIMB Bank and enjoy more ways to seize your life's goals. Take a step towards financial freedom. Open the CIMB Bank PH app and deposit now: bit.ly/2QurHoQ

*Balances in excess of PHP 250,000 will earn 2.5% p.a. interest for UpSave and 2.6% p.a. interest for GSave accounts."

@kenprays Why can't ING follow? It's been how many months since CIMB had this promo. I had to transfer all my ING savings to CIMB for the 4% interest promo since I wasn't a new user.

@yozefel I guess ING is content to let most depositors go to CIMB. After all, it's going to be a problem for them later on to find investments that can let it pay 4%

@kenprays Does anyone here know kung kailan iiintegrate ni CIMB yung instapay sa system nila? As much as I like their relatively high interest rates, the bank transfer process is really a pain to deal with (I know I can transfer money through gcash, I just wish they'll offer a direct and fast way to do it soon).

@nonaeroterraqueous So true. Eto talaga deal breaker kaya I dont use CIMB as much. Kaya ko sana itolerate un mejo chaka nila na interface kung may instapay naman. I opened an acct prior to gcash kaya i cant do gsave. Tapos un iba online banks lahat may instapay for in and out transactions tapos libre pa sa security bank ever since i opened an account in 2017 (i dont remember paying for instapay ever) kaya i feel so spoiled 😅😩 sobra sakit sa damdamin nun 15-25php transfer fee ng bpi lol

@mewmew I have a gsave account. Lahat ng na-try kong transactions, free naman. Kaso lang pag nagttransfer ng money to another bank, hindi instant (pesonet and dragonpay) kaya need i-plan in advance yung transfer. Pwede namang idaan sa gcash, kaso may fee ang gcash to other banks. I have a way to bypass this pero overall, napakahaba ng process. Nabanggit na dati na iiintegrate daw nila yung instapay para instant na yung transfers, pero wala pa rin ngayon. Yun lang talaga issue ko sa kanila 😅

@kenprays Pretty good but idk if there’s a bug in their system. I’m pretty much qualified for the 4% p.a. promo but ever since Feb, I’m only getting 2.6%. Anyone else experiencing this?