The Complete List of Russian Companies Listed on London Stock Exchange

naguidry

Thought I’d just share this information.

1 FEDERAL GRID COMPANY OF UNIFIED ENERGY SYSTEM,
PUBLIC JOINT-STOCK COMPANY
Utilities

Main Market

2 JSC VTB BANK

Banks

Main Market

3 LENTA INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC JOINT-STOCK COMPANY

Personal Care, Drug and Grocery Stores

Main Market

4 NOVOLIPETSK STEEL
Basic Resources
Main Market

5 OJSC ROSTELECOM
Telecommunications

Admission to Trading Only

6 PAO NOVATEK
Energy

Main Market

7 PJSC ACRON

Chemicals

Main Market

8 PJSC GAZPROM

Energy

Main Market

9 PJSC LUKOIL
Energy

Main Market

10 PJSC MAGNIT
Personal Care, Drug and Grocery Stores
Main Market

11 PJSC MAGNITOGORSK IRON & STEEL WORKS

Basic Resources
Main Market

12 PJSC MMC NORILSK NICKEL
Basic Resources

13 PJSC PHOSAGRO

Chemicals

Main Market

14 PJSC RUSHYDRO

Utilities

Main Market

15 PJSC TATNEFT

Energy

Main Market

16 PUBLIC JOINT STOCK COMPANY GAZPROM NEFT
Energy

17 PUBLIC JOINT STOCK COMPANY NOVOROSSIYSK COMMERCIAL SEA PORT
Industrial Goods and Services

Main Market

18 PUBLIC JOINT STOCK COMPANY POLYUS

Basic Resources
Main Market

19 PUBLIC JOINT STOCK COMPANY ROSSETI

Utilities

Main Market

20 PUBLIC JOINT STOCK COMPANY SEVERSTAL

Basic Resources
Main Market

21 ROSNEFT OIL COMPANY
Energy

Main Market

22 SBERBANK OF RUSSIA

Banks

Main Market

23 SISTEMA PJSFC

Financial Services

Main Market

24 SURGUTNEFTEGAS PUBLIC JOINT STOCK COMPANY

Energy

@jadedjumpman Every bad financial bad decision begins as sounding like a good decision. Hedge your bets on shorting Russia.

Code:
 Or YOLO yourself into a mansion or under a bridge. You’re probably better off buying put options if you understand them and they make sense to you. But, please do so in moderation and only if you understand them. 

I’d highly recommend getting an expert involved. It’s likely worth the 1% to get them to   spend the time looking at the market or finding a successful money manager for you. 

There are many, even me, who have lost thousands trying to time the market. I’m down significantly because I haven’t had time to watch the market daily lately. Wish I’d paid mgr to handle the changes.

@iop009 No don’t short, just sell if you own and pressure all firms/money managers to sell them too. Ultimately when you short a stock, you are still partaking in a liquid exchange of the asset. That in itself helps support the company.

@iop009 Buying shares to lend to others (aka shorting) doesn't hurt the value of the company.

If you're studying for your series 7, you should know short interest is a bullish indicator which provides support for the company's price.

@abid14385 Pretty sure shorting lowers the price, which increases the company's cost of capital.

Besides just issuance of new stock, cost of capital (aka the share price) impacts ability to get loans (for both the company and its big stockholders personally) and the value of any stock compensation.

When it comes to ESG investing, people argue about whether their efforts will just be arbitraged away by less scrupulous market participants, and how much effect the cost of capital really has. I don't know what to think about those arguments, but it seems like similar considerations apply here. (Except if cost of capital only makes an impact over long time frames, you could argue it affects environmental issues but won't put pressure on Russia.)

@khim02 Just look it up if you don't like my professional opinion. I'm telling you it's textbook knowledge that initiating an agreement to buy back stock at a later date- aka "a short" supports the price.

Look up "is short interest a bullish indicator." It technically represents a large portion of investors are bearish, but the bottom line is that it obligates more trade activity on the stock, which helps the price more than indifference does.

@abid14385 If more people choosing to long a stock increases the price, and longing and shorting at the same time is equivalent to doing nothing, it stands to reason that more people choosing to short a stock must decrease the price.

We're talking about different things, since the immediate affect on price could be downward even if the implication for future price movement is upward.

But to address your argument, sure buying back later would tend to raise the price again, but shorts could also keep rolling their position forward as long as they want, unless they're squeezed.

Investopedia indicates it doesn't have a single universally agreed interpretation as an indicator:

Short interest is used as a sentiment indicator: an increase in short interest often signals that investors have become more bearish, while a decrease in short interest signals they have become more bullish. Stocks with an extreme level of short interest, however, may be viewed by contrarians as a bullish signal.