10 years ago, we discussed how we select stocks. Here's the 2024 version

@chozen1956 I used this for a 5-year period from 2011-2015, but that was using my MatLab code. Once Yahoo! changed their website, the script broke and it was beyond my programming ability to fix it. During the '11-'15 period, I had great results in the 25% annual return if I recall correctly.

@theotherstick That backtesting data is from O'Shaughnessey's book, not my own. I can pull the data live, but (unfortunately) I have not found a source to get this data historically. If anyone does have a historical source, I'd LOVE to get my hands on that data!

@godlovesme4real What were your results from 2016 to 2023? You can't just give estimates, the whole foundation for everything you are doing crumbles if it can't beat the SP500 year after year. Surely you know your returns each year?

@idl1993 I'm not sure why I'm replying to this. I said the program broke after Yahoo changed the formatting.

And to top that off, any program doesn't have always beat the S&P year after year to be a successful strategy. That's just fundamentally flawed.

@godlovesme4real What's fundamentally flawed is trying to pick stocks. There is a mountain of literature and data about this. You are making extraordinary claims and we need to at least see the returns each year, preferably for as long as possible, because it's not uncommon for strategies to do well in one type of market and then get slain in another type.

2011-2021 CAGR for the SP500 was 14.25%. Last 100 years was 10.56%. If you can't beat that then you are just wasting your time and masturbating.

Here is your highest rated stock in 2013.

NTE Nam Tai Electronics

$7.85 in 2013 and I think it is $4 now.

Another on your list was Gray Television.

$5.67 in 2013, $5.56 today.

I don't have time to go through the whole list but this isn't encouraging.