beckym6500

I’m currently paying €20 every 28 days on Vodafone X for unlimited data & texts, and 100 minutes. Have been tempted by 48’s unlimited everything for €12.99 monthly, but as they’re on the 3 network I know that the coverage may vary to what I have now.

Does anyone know or have personal experience of ordering a new sim with the same phone number, and being able to switch back to the old sim if not satisfied? TIA

@beckym6500 The DATA download speed is limited with 48 to 5mb/s that's something to be aware of if you use it a a hot spot or stream in UHD/4k.

I got a 48 sim before and most of the time I was only getting 2-3 mb/s, it wasn't suitable for my use.

TBH you're better off sticking with Vodafone if you're happy with the service.

@beckym6500 Once you swap to a new sim you can’t switch back to the ‘old’ sim. But you can switch back to the previous network you’ll just need a new sim.

Also, 48 doesn’t use the full 3 network. It’s owned by 3 but it’s the Tesco network it uses. Hence the lower price.

@westdong
48 doesn’t use the full 3 network. It’s owned by 3 but it’s the Tesco network it uses. Hence the lower price.

Tesco doesn't have a network, they piggyback off the Three Network as well. The reason for the cheaper price is they've not had 5G available to them, though this is due to roll out soon as Tesco now has it (though it carries a 45€ / month price tag)

@phluphhead You’re correct I should have explained better that it’s the tesco portion of the three network. However 5g is not the full reason for low price. It isn’t the full network, there is no dedicated customer service or shops and essentially one small team of head office staff which all feeds in to the price.