@virginiaann I have a 65k car on a four-year leasing and I pay around 500 CHF a month.
I put a down-payment of 10k at the beginning to lower my monthly cost. The residual by memory is around 40%.
If you are determined to go for leasing, my suggestion is to sell your car, put a higher down-payment at the moment of the signature of the leasing and keep the monthly fee at less than 10% of your monthly net income.

@halwhitlock Higher down payments are risky.

If you write the car off, you’ve just covered more of the cost for the bank. You don’t see any of your down payment back as the leasing company gets the payout.

If you have a sub-1% lease deal, it’s best to manage a higher monthly to protect yourself a little from the aforementioned unfortunate situation.

@virginiaann I pay 330 on a brand new car (85k) and I paid down about 38k. Keep in mind that leasing rates are way lower for new than for used cars. For a new car, depending on the brand and offers they may have, you'll find rates as low as 1%. For a used car I'd say it's hard to find a lease with a rate below 4%. Check if you have fleet discounts with your employer. In my case I got about 25% off, which gave the new car an advantage over the young used.

@proven I'm not going to keep the car, most likely. You can think of the initial payment as preloading monthly payments, it's gone. Higher initial payment, lower monthly rate and vice versa. Doesn't matter much either way. If you don't want to keep the car, the most important thing is a high residual.