Renting 4.5 room apartment by myself

@johnthechristian Haha. Yea, here you can have about 4 rooms in 10 year old buildings for about 2k. Or 3 room 110 m2. Maybe a bit over 2k but not to much. 200m to a trainstation about the same to the migros or coop. I can't complain.
And best of it low tax for bern.

@prayingwife2015 You’re paying 2k/month, that’s a bargain for what you describe (garden, 10 min from work).

Take the extra space, make a gym/room for the dogs/room for family and friends to visit.

Maybe in 1-2yrs your new girlfriend moves in and you’ll need the extra office space.

If you downsize to a 3.5 or a 2.5, how much less would you be paying?

@prayingwife2015 Sorry for your breakup, I hope you will be better soon. On the financial side: I lived 5 years in ZH by myself and paid a 2.5 apartment on a slightly lower salary. Still managed to save a good amount of my income. If you like the place I'd say 2000 for a 4.5 is a great deal.
P.S 170k CHF in savings and investments is only "low" if you spend a lot of time online on the various personal finance/investment discussion forums. For most people our age it's a big sum

@prayingwife2015 Indeed I got the same feeling. Anyway some savings is better than no savings or a large amount of debt, so don't feel bad about it and think how to do better in the future. I am in a similar financial situation and wish I started investing earlier