Paying Off US Credit Card in Egypt as Dual Citizen

johnnyb46

Hello,

I'm a dual Egyptian/American citizen currently facing a challenge. I'm considering opening a US credit card, but I'm unsure how to manage payments from Egypt. Wiring money to my US bank account seems to be problematic due to restrictions.

If anyone has experience or advice on efficiently paying off a US credit card while residing in Egypt, I would greatly appreciate your insights. How have you navigated this situation, and are there alternative methods you would recommend?

TL;DR: Dual Egyptian/American citizen in Egypt wants to open a US credit card but faces difficulties wiring money to a US bank account for payments. Seeking advice on managing US credit card payments from Egypt.

@johnnyb46 If you get paid at all in USD, do like I do and have it sent DIRECTLY to your USA bank account. It seems like the only thing to do in the country if you only get EGP is to head to the black market with your EGP, get some dollars, and then wire those dollars through Western Union to your USA bank account.